Thursday, September 24, 2009

School of the Air

Today we went to the school of the air for a visit.There was 177 students in the school living far away.They interact by the internet to their teachers and do it all at home with a tutor and webcam .They get sent library books and school books every fortnight.They have to send them back to the teachers after they have finished. They meet up three or four times a year with their classmates and teacher .

I liked the school of air so much that I wanted to go there myself or have my children go there when I have children.
I am learning lots on this trip and I am really enjoying it!

Love from Kiana and the Gypsy Rovers

2 comments:

  1. Great update Kiana, thanks for letting us know about your journey. Wow the school of air would have been very interesting, but surely you would miss your friends from St thomas & of course your wondeful family! I know you are just kidding about wanting to go to that school. Keep writing we are loving the updates.
    Update on Zoe - she took about 6-8 steps last night all on her own, so she continues to master the art of walking.
    Update on grand final - the town of Geelong is buzzing with excitment about the big day tomorrow. There are heaps of people driving around with flags on their cars, and posters in their house windows. Lots of shops have painted messages of support on their windows. We might be going to Skilled Stadium to watch the match on a massive screen, but will depend on the weather. Currently it is raining and miserable outside so probably not likely to get to the oval.
    Love to you all. Kez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiana,

    Sounds like the school of the air was interesting. I had a girl in my grade once that travelled around in a carnival and went to the school of the air. She loved it! Hope you are making lots of friends and seeing them in all the caravan parks you stay at!
    Love Nat

    ReplyDelete

Toboggan ride at Keith

Toboggan ride at Keith
Keith's only attraction!!!

Marty and Vikki in Adelaide

Marty and Vikki in Adelaide

Woomera

Woomera

Uluru Rainbow

Uluru Rainbow